GoldWave is is a top rated, a comprehensive digital audio editor. GoldWave is ideal for people who work with audio for CD editing, archive restoration, speech analysis, radio and TV, Java and Web pages, games, or just for fun. You can use it to make everything from elaborate answering machine messages to professional, high quality CD audio content.
GoldWave can do:
• Play, edit, mix, and analyze audio
• Record audio from cassettes, vinyl records, radio, etc. through your computer's line-in
• Record dictation through a microphone or play dictation back at a slower speed for transcription
• Apply special effects, such as fade, equalizer, doppler, mechanize, echo, reverse, flanger, and more
• Digitally remaster and restore old recordings with noise reduction and pop/click filters
• Make perfect digital copies of audio CD tracks using the CD Reader tool and save them in wma, mp3, ogg files
• Edit music for dance programs, figure skating, gymnastics
• Analyze human speech, bird song, whale song
• Demonstrate digital signal processing with filter effects and the expression evaluator tool
• View a variety of real-time visuals and VU meters
• Convert files to/from different formats, such as wav, wma, mp3, ogg, aiff, au, vox and even raw binary data
• Multiple Document Interface for working with many files in one session
• Huge file editing: 4GB and beyond (NTFS only)
• Configurable RAM or hard drive editing
• High quality: 24 bit, 192kHz
• Real-time visuals: bar, waveform, spectrogram, spectrum, VU meter, ...
• Fast non-destructive editing. Cut, copy, delete, and undo take only a fraction of a second, regardless of the file size
• Multiple undo levels
• Many effects: distortion, doppler, echo, filter, mechanize, offset, pan, volume shaping, invert, resample, equalizer, time warp, pitch, reverb, volume matcher, channel mixer, ...
• Effect previewing and presets
• Audio restoration filters: noise reduction, pop/plick, smoother
• Supported file formats (wav, mp3, ogg, aiff, au, vox, mat, snd, voc, raw binary data, text data, and more)
• File format plug-ins for the next generation of audio compression, such as WMA, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC.
• DirectX Audio Plug-in hosting
• Effect chain editor
• Audio CD Reader
• Batch processing and conversion
• Drag-and-drop cue points, with auto-cue and file splitting features.
• Direct waveform editing with the mouse
• Customizable tool bars
• Customizable waveform colours
• Several built-in accessibility features and keyboard shortcuts
GoldWave v6 requires Windows 7 64 bit or later. It will not run or install on any older or 32 bit versions of Windows.
GoldWave v6 is a major update to with many changes across the entire program, primarily for multichannel support for up to 8 channels and 64 bit executable for accessing more than 2 GB of memory. The WhatsNew file located in the folder where GoldWave is installed lists all the changes.
Larger tool bar buttons, themes, and many other interface changes have been made to improve usability. The old compiled help system and manual have been replaced with a unified help file in standard HTML format.
- Only mono, stereo, 3.1, 5.1, and 7.1 channel layouts are supported. 4 channel stereo front/rear is not supported.
- Memory storage is now used by default for faster processing. To use hard drive storage, use Options | Storage to change the setting. Files stored in memory cannot be recovered if a crash occurs.
- Settings are now stored in a file in standard XML format in the application data folder instead of the Windows registry. Licenses, which were stored in the registry, are not found automatically. A license must be entered again. Custom settings and presets from older versions of GoldWave will not be carried over to v6.
- APEFile, GWBPMCounter, GWMPVisual, DirectX plug-ins have not been updated yet.
- Some plug-ins are cannot supported. These include:
QTFile - 64 bit version of QTMLClient.dll is not provided by Apple.
GWAMP - 32 bit plug-ins cannot be loaded into a 64 bit program.
Size: 14.3 MB
1- DirectX Plug-in Included
2- GWBPMCounter Plug-in Included
3- GWMPVisual Plug-in Included